Punjab Women can now travel free of cost in government-owned buses from April 1, 2021. This facility for women was announced on March 5 in Punjab Legislative Assembly. This facility was also mentioned in Punjab’s Budget. But, at that time the Punjab government didn’t clarify the particular date to avail this facility. On March 31, 2021, the government finally stamped this scheme. Read the full article for more information.
See More: 10 Best Places to visit in Punjab
This Scheme will benefit 1.31 Crore Women of Punjab. Women can travel free of cost in government-owned buses like PRTC buses and PUNBUS. Women have to show documents like the Aadhaar Card, Voter Card or any other document related to proof of Punjab residency to avail of this facility. However, women can’t travel in government-owned AC buses, HVAC Buses and Volvo Buses. Furthermore, the women who are family member of government employees and living in Chandigarh are also eligible to avail of this facility.
• Benefits to Women from this Scheme.
- Working Women can now easily travel and cover long distances free of cost.
- It will prove cheap and safe travel for women.
- To Lower the rate of female drop-out in school due to high travelling bus fares.
- To reduce Pollution and accidents as now more women will choose government buses instead of Private buses.
- To empower women and to utilise public transportation.
The Chief Minister of Punjab happily announced this scheme through Twitter on 31 March, 2021.
See More: 5 Courageous Women of Punjab in history
So, this was all about the article we want to share with you. See our website for more such content. Also, Don’t forget to connect with us on Social Media to stay updated with the latest trends and infotainments.
Like Our Facebook Page
Follow Us on Instagram & Twitter.
Click Here to Watch the Latest Episode of Yaar Jigree Kasooti Degree Season 2